Monday, February 9, 2009

Getting a little easier

Wow. I don't think we quite expected it to be quite this hard or stressful in the first few days. I had heard about the lack of sleep, but that's all anyone really ever mentions. There are so many things that come about that you would never think of.

He's finally started to sleep by himself, which I think is due in part to him actually getting more to eat. He's no longer jaundiced and has gained 2oz since yesterday which is fantastic. He's so amazingly strong. He moves his head up by himself and has the control not to slam it into your shoulder when he brings it back down. He also rolls on his side by himself. We still haven't cut his nails, but we're going to file them down tonight so he doesn't scratch his face off when he tries to eat his hands.

I have to say that we're also really lucky to have such fantastic friends and family for support. I've done my share of crying over the past few days and just talking made it so much better. It seems to be getting easier as the days go by. I'm updating now because he's actually taking a nap and neither one of us are holding him. :)

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but even I forget he has hair unless he's got his hat off, and none of the pictures this far have shown it off, so here's his awesome hair. It's all business in the front and party in the back. For those of you who aren't familiar with that term, he's almost rocking a mullet because it's shorter on top and longer in the back. He also has some little sideburns which are crazy adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment